Niche affiliate marketing is an affiliate marketing with a focus on a narrow niche. For example, instead of making a huge site about loans (a very broad subject), it’s better to build a site with a focus on student loans, car loans, etc.
To be successful in niche affiliate marketing keep in mind that you need to give people what they are looking for, be it answers to questions and/or a product link. If potential customers find the right information on your site, they are more likely to be pre-sold and ready to buy based on your review or recommendation.
The Cardinal Rule is: Know Your Niche
What if you feel unfocused, have many interests, can’t make up your mind, or just feel like you don’t have a specialty? How do you narrow down your choices? If the flood of ideas in your head is overwhelming you can check out the best Income schools more than 350 micro niche ideas.
Before you make a half a dozen half-hearted attempts at building different websites, take the time to consider a niche you’re most interested in. You’ll want to pare down the list to two or three topics and then see which niche is right for your affiliate marketing venture. For example, Social media will show you a dozen categories on how to use the Internet to make your specific business or idea thrive in addition to affiliate marketing. You can visit one or two, or visit them all. You’ll get an idea of what others in situations similar to yours are doing and how best to pursue building your first affiliate marketing niche site.
Part of your success as an affiliate marketer really depends on picking a niche you’re passionate about. You can build a niche website to rent villas in Spain, collect referral fees for dentists or plumbers, sell e-goods online or become an infopreneur and share your expert knowledge with others, these are just a handful of ways to earn a living running a small business online. The beauty (and secret!) of affiliate marketing is that you don’t need to sell goods or services yourself, you just need to know how to pre-sell potential customers and where to send them to.
Grow Your Affiliate Niche Website with the Help of Keyword Research
One of the more insightful things to keep in mind about the internet is that people already have an idea of what they are looking for when they come online. They will be researching specific products and services, comparing prices, and reading reviews, in short, they are motivated buyers (and isn’t that the best kind?) One of your primary tasks, when planning and marketing a niche affiliate site, is to think about what keywords they’ll use.
Keywords and keyword phrases are what net surfers enter in their browser’s search box so that the search engine (such as Google) will show them a list of top websites to visit. Writing your website’s content with these key phrases in mind increases the chances that people will find and visit your site. Here too, you can use a niche marketing program that can help you as the affiliate find these important keywords.
You can try and think up keywords yourself, but it’s absolutely essential to use software tools such as Ahrefs, in order to design a blueprint for your niche affiliate marketing site. Other options include niche marketing research tools such as Semrush, Moz, or sign up with UberSuggest which is used by many Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professionals and It’s free.
The strategy of using specific keywords on a page is important to the success of your site and to your income level as an online publisher. Starting up in niche affiliate marketing and doing the keyword research isn’t easy, but it will go a long way to helping you achieve your goal of owning your own independent website that attracts visitors and produces a steady income.
The Advantages of Niche Marketing
Being an expert at something is one of the great advantages of niche marketing. With less competition for site visitors in your “neck of the woods” you have the advantage of not having to pay high prices for PPC campaigns and your unique keyword phrases routinely put your niche marketing website at the top of the results pages in the search engines.
It’s The Road Less Traveled
There’s often a void in niche areas where many website owners don’t even think of expanding to. Maybe you build Mexican Dominos rack holders in your workshop and sell them on eBay, or you work at Radio Shack and know all about gadgets and you want to blog about tech stuff, or you’re an expert gardener and want to share your insight to plant propagation. Your knowledge gives you advantages in niche marketing.
Niche marketing can be inexpensive to try out: you can get free blog space from Google’s Blogger with no fees to pay. Or better yet, try Wordpress, the all-in-one site-building solution that will give you a competitive advantage when you brainstorm your site concept. WordPress provides all the tools needed that allow you to build a niche and theme-based websites fast and easy.
Web surfers who have a keen interest in your field are looking for specialized information and will be motivated to buy. Your blog/site must provide value and relevant content, and pre-sell to customers while steering them to your affiliated merchant’s product page.
Some Tips for Success
Keep in mind that to be successful in niche affiliate marketing you must:
- Buy a domain with your main keyword or key phrase in the name.
- Know your field and sell things that people want or need. When that light bulb goes on over your head and you realize you have a specialty, then you’ve got the advantages of niche marketing in your favor.
- Target your market and don’t shotgun. A focused topic will be more relevant than a broad field of internet. Just don’t get too focused or you could run out of things to write about in your area of expertise.
- Launch one website and make it a money maker before going on to the next. Multiple websites can easily overwhelm you.
The advantages of niche marketing are far and away in your favor and you can easily drive customers to the merchants who sell the products and services you promote. Niche affiliate marketing is not a hobby and you shouldn’t treat it as anything less than a business.
Don’t waste time and make a ton of mistakes; get the training and instruction you need! Proven solutions such as Youtube have the advantage of providing niche marketers all the help needed to get started building profitable websites for free.
10 Niche Marketing Secrets You Absolutely Must Know
One of the first niche marketing secrets you must learn as an affiliate marketer was summed up best by Jeff Bezos, the CEO, and founder of Amazon, who once said: “Get Niche or Get Big.”
Obviously, Bezos took Amazon on the latter route. But you, a little fish, shouldn’t swim against the current and waste your efforts competing against the big kahuna of the internet. Instead, get niche; find your small but rich pool off the mainstream and make it a profitable watering hole.
A Guide to Help You in Niche Affiliate Marketing
I recently took a look at a new product called Niche Marketing Secrets by Rufina James. It’s an online free e-course that is chocked full of relevant information regarding our industry and includes quite a few eye-opening strategies that I applied to my own websites and suggest you try them too.
The List of Ten
To give you an idea of the type of interesting topics you’ll find in the course, here are ten niche marketing secrets it uncovers:
- Discover the techniques of how to spot good, profitable niches – as well as the bad ones you must avoid.
- Know your customer, what they want, and how much they are willing to pay for it.
- Learn how to improve click-through-rates and improve sales without using expensive PPC campaigns.
- Explore how you can find out if people are willing to buy your product before you begin building the website, even before you register the domain name. (This is one of the biggest niche marketing secrets you’ll ever learn!)
- Learn how to read statistics and find out which market segment is profitable and which has too much competition.
- See why Internet marketing and niche affiliate marketing are not the same things. Discover what most info-marketers are doing wrong and how you can keep from falling into the same trap.
- Once you’ve built the site and set the links, then your job really begins. Learn a little known secret about what to do after your site launch.
- There’s an easy way to find the perfect price for your product and James shows you how.
- Learn how to take advantage of free advertising for your websites and where to go to find it.
- And finally, learn what you must know before you venture into paid advertising — if you are thinking of going that route.
As you can see, it’s quite a haul of rich information. But the bottom line is that Niche Marketing Secrets will show you how to determine if your niche is profitable or not before you begin. That secret alone will save you thousands of dollars and untold hours of effort so you can start on the right track with your niche marketing strategies.