Avast Antivirus is an Internet Security application also called Antivirus which is developed by Avast Softwares for various Operating systems like macOS, Android and Microsoft Windows.
Avast is known as one of the best antiviruses in the world, but It’s freeware Avast free antivirus also creates some problems for its users. If you are getting any difficulty using Avast antivirus you can also uninstall it.
In this article, I’m going to write 3 best methods (A complete Guide) about How to uninstall Avast antivirus in Windows or How to remove free avast antivirus from your Windows 7, 8 or 10 computer.
If you can’t uninstall Avast on Windows 10, 7 or Windows 8 computer, or you get some errors like “uninstall avast setup is already running” then you are in the right place.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus from Windows 7, 8 or 10
Here are the best three methods to delete or uninstall avast antivirus from your windows machine.
Uninstall Avast from Program and Features Settings [Simple Method]
This is the most simple method to uninstall the Avast antivirus, and it will work for most of the peoples. Just follow the below steps:
- If avast is running in the background then disable it by clicking on up arrow on the bottom left corner
- Right-click on Avast logo > Avast shields control > and then click on Disable
- Restart your device
- Once you have disabled Avast, Click on the Windows button on your keyboard and type Program and features in the search box, and then click on Program and Features.
- ow Navigate to the avast antivirus or Avast free antivirus, highlight it and click uninstall
Once you click on the uninstall button, follow the instructions given on Avast removal wizard and restart your computer.
In this method, if you get an error saying “uninstall avast setup is already running” then you need to go to the next step. If you have done all the above steps, and still not able to remove avast from your computer, then the next method may have some luck for you.
Remove Avast Antivirus using Avast Removal Tool [aswClear]
If you have tried that simple method to remove avast antivirus from your computer, but still, it’s not getting uninstalled, you can try awsClear. awsClear (also known as avast removal tool) is an official tool provided by Avast to uninstall avast antivirus. Below are some steps to uninstall avast with an avast removal tool.
- First of all, start your Windows into safe mode. And then disable avast antivirus on the computer with steps given in the first method above.
- Now Download avastclear.exe into your computer and Install it.
- Now open the Avastclear utility.
- If you have avast installed manually on the different folder, Choose the location of your avast antivirus. Else you can leave it to default.
- Click on the Uninstall button, and restart your computer once it is done.
This Avast Uninstall utility software will work for you in the 99% cases, and this method is best for you if you get “uninstall avast setup is already running error” while trying to uninstall your avast antivirus. But if you are still not able to uninstall it, you may go to the 3rd method given below.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus using Command Prompt
You can uninstall avast antivirus using the command prompt, follow this below mentioned steps to uninstall avast antivirus completely from your device.
Please don’t try this if you don’t know anything about command prompt.
- First of all reboot your computer into safe mode.
- Click on Windows Button and Search for Command Prompt.
- Right Click on Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- Now type this command “C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe” -uninstall
- Follow the instructions which will come into your screen.
- Once uninstalled, restart your computer into normal mode.
That’s all and after using all the above methods your error related to “uninstalling avast setup is already running” will be fixed. If you know more methods, to uninstall Avast antivirus or have any questions, You can feel free to comment below.